Last week's tip, in case you missed it.
Have you ever watched a car slow down in front of a property for rent, stop, back up, pull forward again, then speed off? The occupants' first impression told them that that was someplace they didn't want to live.
People rent property on first impressions. Believe it or not, prospective tenants have pretty much decided whether they want to live somewhere before they ever get out of their car.
The way to get more rent and better quality tenants is to make your rental property look as if it ought to rent for more money. What follows are ten ways to do just that.
1. Plant flowers, clean up the yard and trim the shrubs . Make it look crisp and clean from the street.
2. Hang drapes and curtains. They don't have to be expensive, just in the windows.
3. Put in a dishwasher, washer and dryer.
4. Write an effective ad. Sell the property to the tenant before he or she sees it
5. Detail the front entrance . Just outside the front door and inside the first room you see as you enter should sparkle from extra attention.
6. Roll out or blow in insulation . Wrap the pipes. Make the house more energy efficient. That is just as important if the tenant is paying the power bills as it is if you are.
7. Wax the floors and polish the chrome. If anything is supposed to shine, make it shine.